Second Semester Reflection
In the last semester, we wrote the academic book review. There is less class than before the first semester because the school shut down over the coronavirus. I had read the short novel written in English in English class. However, I had never read a formal novel written in English, therefore, I was worried if I can read and understand everything. My parents can not understand English well, therefore, they did not have any English books. Therefore, I bought the book on Kidult and read 'Stargirl'. I wanted the school life story, therefore, I chose that. I read and analyzed them, and wrote the academic book review. It was hard for me to research positive and negative opinions about the book I read. After I submitted them, I gave feedback from Mr. Paterson. And, I could understand where to improve and how to write a better academic book review.
After summer vacation, we did the presentation. I prepared the slides for the presentation and practiced the presentation in order to make it better. We had done a group presentation, however, it was our first time to do it individually. I could learn how to make a better presentation. For instance, when Hitomi did the presentation, her voice was easy to hear, therefore, I did not feel bored with her presentation. Why is her voice so easy to hear? I thought she could have made a presentation in an easy-to-hear voice because she was confident in her presentation. And also, Toko and Arisa were the same as Hitomi's presentation. Their presentations were full of contents, and the main points to present were summarized.
On the other hand, I could learn what's not a good presentation. I am sorry to write that person's name, thus I will not write it, but for instance, one person did that with a small voice and dark way of presenting. Therefore, it made me drowsy because their way of presenting was dark. The reason why they speak like that is that I thought they are not confident in their own presentation. Some people did the presentation in the different plot that was decided like the summary slide was gone, therefore, the presentation like that is a little short than other people's presentations.
From other people's presentations and feedback for my presentation by other classmates, I thought it needs to do much practice in order to make a better presentation. When we did a group presentation, we had much time to practice because that group presentation spent time for about one year. We did the same presentation twice after improved some points, therefore, we could do a better presentation. However, in this year's class, we did the presentation only once. Therefore, I thought my presentation was not perfect after I watched my video. I want to be able to give a presentation only once before the next opportunity to do the presentation.
Comments
Post a Comment