Year Reflection
Throughout this year, I think I was able to apply what Mr. Paterson has taught me so far to my actual presentation. I did two presentations in the class; a PechaKucha presentation and a team presentation. Due to the number of classes and the corona, there were several times when classes were not held, but I was able to give a presentation that made use of what I learned as the last year I could take his class. Although I took his class since I was in third grade, I learned a lot of points about making an effective presentation. Moreover, I've never done a PechaKucha presentation before, therefore, I thought that there are numerous kinds of presentations throughout actually presented it.
During the first semester, I started to make a PechaKucha presentation. Mr. Paterson taught me the construction and important points showing a presentation actually given by a senior student. Through that class, I was able to get a better image of how I should prepare my presentation. When this class, Mr. Paterson told us a PechaKucha presentation needs to practice because I was able to change slides whenever I want to in a normal presentation, in contrast, the slides automatically change in this presentation. In the June class, we practiced introducing ourselves in front of our classmates so that we could make eye contact and look at each person for at least 5 seconds during the introduction. Although I thought it would be easy since I have given presentations, many times before, I couldn't do it well, therefore, I braced myself.
And, I did a PechaKucha presentation in the second semester. The theme of this presentation was "My home town". Other classmates introduced foreign cities such as Tennessee and Shanghai. However, I have never lived or been abroad so far, so I presented Nrima. Nerima is not as attractive as other foreign cities, so it was difficult to make slides, but I think I was able to present the charm of Nerima that other people don't know. In addition to this, thanks to the practice, I was able to make eye contact better than ever before. When the third semester, I did team presentation about how to make a presentation well. Since the purpose of this presentation was to teach junior students how to give a good presentation, we did a survey and decided on the content of the presentation. I was going to present it offline, but due to Corona, I had to submit it online. It was the first time for me to give a presentation online, so although I struggled, I think it was a good experience.
Comments
Post a Comment