0219

 In this class, we received an explanation of this semester’s assignment from Mr. Paterson. Actually, I am not good at writing a long essay like the academic book review that we did in the last semester. Therefore, I was a little glad to heard that this semester’s assignment is a reflection of the books I read throughout this year, not the research paper.

As mentioned above, this semester’s assignment is ‘Reading Comparision’. I received a lot of explanations because it is different from the style we have been doing in this class so far. According to that explanation, it is only my thought, reflection, and opinion. Therefore, I do not have to use Zotero as before. And also, when we write an essay, I should not write in the first person. However, there is no matter to write in the first person. I should not write in the third person instead because this statement is only my thought and opinions.

Also, we have to write six paragraphs statement. Mr. Paterson said the title should have a relation between the book I read the last semester and the book I read this semester. And, I learned that the introduction part should start writing generally at first, and gradually narrow down what want to say. In the third paragraph, 1A has to write what I did this year. And the Fourth paragraph, 1B has to write the reflection about what I did in EE class. If my opinion is positive, I have to write a negative opinion firstly. The next paragraph, namely the fifth paragraph(2A) has to write about the basic information of the book I read like whether I have ever read that book and whether I have read the book that the author wrote. Besides, 2B paragraph has to write the reflection of books I read in EE class. In the last paragraph, I have to write a conclusion. The conclusion part has to summarize the main point. Usually, the conclusion part needs to write a limitation but this assignment is not the research essay, therefore, I do not have to write that. Of course, I have to write references in this assignment because there are references in books. 

I thought this assignment is easier than the last book review before listening to an explanation. However, I realized this may be pretty difficult after listening to that. I want to do my best...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

0918

1119

1125